In Dubai, the more and more people would get a healthy boundary. Setting clear and effective boundaries can be difficult for many people, especially those providing health and wellness care. However, establishing healthy boundaries is a key for career success and life fulfillment in many jobs, especially massage therapy.
(1) Establish clear boundaries from the outset: From the first contact via telephone, interview the client. Ask about their familiarity with massage, how often do they get it, what style they like, why they need one today. If you are getting a weird vibe simply state " I just want to be clear that this is a strictly therapeutic massage and that is what you are looking for." Be conscious of your own tone of voice, be firm and professional. Also, where are you advertising? make sure it is in a place and in a manner that cannot be misconstrued.
(2) Once the client is with you, you can maintain your professional demeanor by having other professional procedures in place like an intake form that clearly articulates the professional standards of your practice.
(3) In your intake form, be sure to establish appropriate and inappropriate actions that a client may and may not take. For instance: a client should tell the therapist if the pressure is too much or too little, a client should not say or do anything that is sexually suggestive. Additionally, consider this: because the pressure of the massage can turn on the parasympathetic nervous system and cause dilation of the blood vessels, it is common for a man's penis to become erect. This is perfectly natural and involuntary. While it is natural many men do have control over it. Learning to deal with these situations can also give men a chance to resolve any issues they might have about confusing touch with sex.
(4) Make your intake form based on your personality. If you might have hesitation asking a client not to do or say something, putting it in your intake form can empower you. Later, if you need to ask a client not to do or say something, you can refer back to the intake form and remind the client of your policies.
(5) Learn to identify the signals and clues that a client is looking for sexual services. Address them directly if they arise. One example is the question, "Do you accept tips?" While this question rarely implies that they are only looking for sex, each situation needs to be looked at individually. For example, if the client asked "Do you accept tips?" after being touched near an erogenous zone, don't scream or run out of the room. Let them know that sometimes being touched results in sexual arousal but that you won't be participating in that with them. Too many massage therapists make the mistake of making the client feel guilty about what can be an innocent action. This does not, of course, mean they can touch you or say suggestive things to you.
Massage in Dubai | Dubai Massage | Asian Massage | Four Hands Massage | Body to Body Massage | Full Body Massage | Best Massage |
BOOK NOW: +971504961588